What is an Educational Advocate?
An Educational Advocate works to ensure that all students, especially those with developmental disabilities, receive a free and appropriate education. Our goal is to help you through the many facets of a system that can be intimidating and overwhelming. As an Educational Advocate, I provide support, direction and assist families navigate through difficult situations to help find the right services that meet the child’s needs. I work together with you and the school district.
What can you expect from Hamilton Partners?
- Help families comprehend their child’s educational rights
- Provide a personalized review & explanation of educational records and evaluations
- Be present for classroom observations & consultations with school staff
- Monitoring of IEP/SRBI and 504 plans
- Evaluation of your child’s current academic program & related services
- Attendance at PPT/SRBI or 504 meetings to advocate for your child and help give you an effective voice in the proceedings
- A review of your child’s IEP/SRBI or 504 to determine if appropriate services have been provided and if these services have been effective in promoting progress
- Guide families and help them understand the advocacy process; helping them to make clear decisions about their child’s needs.
- Adhere to a voluntary code of ethics.