What is an Educational Advocate?
An Educational Advocate works to ensure that all students, especially those with developmental disabilities, receive an appropriate education. Our goal is to help you through the many facets of a system that can be intimidating and overwhelming. As an Educational Advocate, I provide support, direction and assist families navigate through difficult situations to help find the right services that meet the child’s needs. I work together with you and the school district.
What can you expect from Hamilton Partners?
- Personalized review & explanation of educational records and evaluations
- Classroom observations & consultations with school staff
- Monitoring of IEP/SRBI and 504 plans
- Evaluation of your child's current academic program & related services
- Attendance at PPT/SRBI or 504 meetings to advocate for your child and help give you an effective voice in the proceedings
- A review of your child's IEP/SRBI or 504 to determine if appropriate services have been provided and if these services have been effective in promoting progress
- Help families comprehend their child’s educational rights.
- Guide families and help them understand the advocacy process helping them to make clear decisions about their child’s needs.
- Adhere to a voluntary code of ethics.
- Attentively listen to parent’s concerns working collaboratively with your family to effectively plan for your child’s progress.